Thursday, August 11, 2005

 

Merger Meeting

The night before I didn’t sleep well. As I did the night before (or two, can’t remember) I kept coughing. Yesterday I started to think that maybe it was the beautiful new tatami mats in my bedroom that were the cause of my problems. The 2nd time I woke myself up with the coughing I pulled my futon into the kitchen and shut the bedroom door. After 20 mins or so I stopped coughing and was able to go back to sleep.

At 1 PM I went to the BoE to meet up with my supervisor who drove us to our meeting in Muikaichi with their ALT (David) and his assistant. The purpose was to get some of our questions answered, but mainly to try to hash out what we thought would be the best schedule for David and I once Muikaichi and Kakinoki merge on October 1st. The original plan was for both of us to go to all of the elementary schools (5 of them). In addition to just being a lot more travel on our part, it would also mean that we wouldn’t get to know the students very well because we would be bouncing around to so many schools. They also had us going to the BoE once a week, a Jr. High once a week, and Elementary schools three times a week. David and I managed to convince them that it might be better for us to split the schools and each of us take half. So now I’ll teach at 2 Jr. Highs and 2 Elementary schools & David will have 2 JHS & 3 Elem. We also got them to give us at least 2 days a week at Jr. Highs, so overall a much better arraignment.

After the meeting Oba-san took me shopping. I got a carpet to put over my tatami, a better chair for the tatami room, a new pot and pan, and a few groceries.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?