
Our plane arrived in Narita around 10:30 or so.
The pilot made one of the smoothest landings I’ve ever felt.
We got to our hotel in Tokyo around 1:30.
We were all guided to a big room, served lunch, and given a basic run down of what we had missed.
Earlier in the day on the plane an allergy attack started.
Originally was pretty light, but it grew over the course of the day.
By the time we had lunch I was so tired & zonked out by the allergy attack that everything I was being told kind of blew past me & wasn’t registered.
We were told that the rest of the day’s activities were optional for us.
I went up to my room and saw that my roommate would be Bill Barbato from Pennsylvania.
He gave me a good little pill that eventually knocked out my allergy attack, but I was out for a while.
I half listened to the TV & half dozed for the next several hours.
I did get up to go to an information fare where many groups & companies shoved bags and info packets at me from all directions.
Allergy started back up again, so I went back to my room and laid down.
I decided to go out in the evening with the other new people going to Shimane-ken.
We went to the Hard Rock Café in Roppongi.
Got back later than I had hoped, but had fun.
# posted by Kakinoki James @ 12:47 PM