Friday, August 05, 2005

 

Woke up around 6 AM. I woke up several times during the night, but did manage to get around 11 hours of much needed sleep. Was my first night’s sleep on a futon in about 8 years, so it will take some getting used to sleeping on the floor again. Was the first full night of sleep since the 25th or 26th of July.

Taylor and I arrived at the Board of Education at 9AM. Went over a few things with Oba-san and them we all headed back to Town Hall. All of the driving when all 3 of us are together has been done by Oba-san in a government owned van. I’ll tell you, that woman can get real ghetto behind the wheel. She isn’t a dangerous driver, just a little crazy and bold.

Not sure what we did at town hall, but I signed a few things and met the head of the fire department. Oh, the official population of Kakinoki as of 7/31/05 is 1833. Next, I was taken on a tour of the elementary school and the Jr. High School. At least for the next 2 months the Jr. High will be my base school, though I won’t go there for the rest of the month.

Kakinoki and a neighboring town, Muikaichi, will merge on October 1st. My schedule is sure to change after that happens.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?