Friday, September 30, 2005
Yoparai
Yesterday turned into another night of unplanned drunkiness. At 5 PM the Junior High principal asked me to come over for yakiniku (grilled meat) at 7 PM. Turned out to be sort of a guys night out with 2 other male teachers. I think the official reason was to watch a baseball game to see if (and they did) the Hanshin Tigers could clinch the league title. Drank a lot of beer, but the sake is what really did me in. Paying for it today and I`m at the elementary school where I have to be energetic in class. The elementary school principal lives next to the JHS principal and knew about the party. When he saw me today he laughed and asked me how the party was. Then he took me to the fridge in the teacher`s room and told me all the drinks in there are for anyone to have. He made a point of showing me the sports drink and coffee. Guess he has been in the same situation more than a few times.

