Monday, October 31, 2005
Last weekend I went to Hiroshima with 2 other ALTs that live in my area. We did a little shopping (I got some groceries impossible to get in my area & a nice coat for winter), but mainly we went to party in the Hiroshima "entertainment" district. It was the first time in almost a decade that I've been to Hiroshima (except the airport, but that doesn't really count). This time I didn't see the dome or Peace Museum, but I did eat at a bakery in a building that was one of the few buildings to not be completely destroyed by the A-bomb blast.
Most of the night we spent getting lost and drinking at various bars. Every bar we went to had it's own very distinctive feel. The first place we went to was a small comfortable place with a really laid back bartender/owner. Most of the time we were there he played an old Crosby, Stills, & Nash CD. He was real impressed when I told him that I had actually seen CSN in concert. Other bars we went to included a Jamaican themed bar & an Irish style pub. We spent the night in a capsule hotel. It was the first time I have stayed in one of those. I expected the capsule to be fully enclosed and soundproof, but that wasn't so. One end was open with just a pull-down curtain, so you could hear several guys snoring.
Most of the night we spent getting lost and drinking at various bars. Every bar we went to had it's own very distinctive feel. The first place we went to was a small comfortable place with a really laid back bartender/owner. Most of the time we were there he played an old Crosby, Stills, & Nash CD. He was real impressed when I told him that I had actually seen CSN in concert. Other bars we went to included a Jamaican themed bar & an Irish style pub. We spent the night in a capsule hotel. It was the first time I have stayed in one of those. I expected the capsule to be fully enclosed and soundproof, but that wasn't so. One end was open with just a pull-down curtain, so you could hear several guys snoring.
