Wednesday, June 07, 2006
"I was steeped in a sense of freedom"
OSAKA -- A cross-dressing senior local government official has been arrested for exposing his private parts to female students on a train here last weekend, police said.
-Typical crazy news story you hear almost everyday in Japan.
Hiroshi Ikeuchi, 56, general affairs manager at the Health and Welfare Bureau of the Amagasaki Municipal Government in Hyogo Prefecture, is accused of indecent exposure.
He admitted to the allegations during questioning. "I was steeped in a sense of freedom," he was quoted as telling investigators.
-Freedom? Need to check that US written Japanese constitution & see if it's on the list of freedoms.
Osaka police released him and are poised to send an investigation report about the incident to prosecutors.
The mayor is apologetic about the incident. "It was an act unworthy of a public servant, and I express my heartfelt apology. The municipal government will get to the bottom of the incident and take strict measures against him," Mayor Aya Shirai said.
Ikeuchi, dressed in a mini skirt and wearing a wig, exposed his private parts to three female vocational school students aged 18 to 19 on a Hankyu Railway Takarazuka Line train while it was traveling between Nakatsu and Juso stations in Osaka Saturday night, police said.
-News just doesn't get better than this. Wait, yes it does. I was just too lazy to post those articles before I lost track of them, but this one is pretty good.
The students overpowered him as he attempted to escape, and handed him over to police officers at Mikuni Station, the train's next stop.
-See, I've been saying for years that these young Japanese women don't fit the subserviant stereotype. Or maybe they just wanted his lipstick.
Ikeuchi joined the Amagasaki Municipal Government in 1973, and assumed his current position in April after serving as industry and labor department manager and urban planning department manager. (Mainichi)
-So Hiro, what did you do over the weekend?