Friday, November 03, 2006
Over 100 fall ill after watching a video at school cultural festival
This was just such a great headline I had to post it. This time of the year Japanese schools have their "culture festival". Last year I went to one at an elementary school and a junior high school. Neither were what I'd imagined when they said "culture festival". The JHS culture festivals seem to mostly involve several hours of really bad plays put on by the students and teachers, as well as bad musical and singing performances by the same. So, this headline made me laugh. I'll add some portions of the story.:
"YOKKAICHI, Mie -- More than 100 people fell ill after a student-produced video triggered motion sickness-like symptoms during a school festival on Thursday, school officials said. ... The students who made the film moved the camera around too quickly, causing the image to shake violently, which is suspected of making viewers sick. ... Thirteen students received treatment and four of them were hospitalized."
Wow! I've heard of bad movies, but this one literally made people sick!
"YOKKAICHI, Mie -- More than 100 people fell ill after a student-produced video triggered motion sickness-like symptoms during a school festival on Thursday, school officials said. ... The students who made the film moved the camera around too quickly, causing the image to shake violently, which is suspected of making viewers sick. ... Thirteen students received treatment and four of them were hospitalized."
Wow! I've heard of bad movies, but this one literally made people sick!
